Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Consternation

My name is Miles Harriot.

To those who know me in person, I promise; I am not insane. I am, in fact, more clear now than I have been in years.

I was nine years old. I had a sister, her name was Linnie, and she was 8 years old.  A dysfunctionally happy family is what we were for many years, before Linnie's murder.

On the thirteenth of December in 1998, I was awakened by my sister screaming. As I started, I saw a white figure going out the window, where Linnie's screams came from. I went to the window and saw what looked like some kind of deranged feral beast, taking her into the forest.

I climbed through the window onto the roof, and down onto the ground in pursuit, far into the woods. It was easy to track, between is disturbingly pale shape and Linnie's shriek's of terror. The woods I knew well, and I managed to meet them at a creek bed that had long become dehydrated. They were not alone.

At the coast of the embankment was him; he was tall, appeared to be wearing a suit, but there was no way he was human. His face was empty, featureless. Almost off white, as if he was wearing a mask. I could see the features of a face, but the disturbing white surface that covered his face seemed to be almost stretched over it. His height rivaled that of the trees that surrounded him, his limbs were not that unlike a tree, but more grotesque, like a spider. This tall man had six arms, all poised to strike the pale man that had taken my sister.

The pale man was crouched like a dog. There were two black sockets in his face that I knew had to contain his eyes. Black stains like tears came from them, stained into his very skin. He seemed to be naked, with the only noticeable feature being the odd contortion of his back, as well as his hands. Every finger was black, a sharp contrast to his skin, which appeared to be as pale as bone. He was hunched down, as if to pounce at the much more massive tall man.

Everything seemed to be in sharp slowness at that moment in time. It was like I walked into a room in which people were having a very important conversation, and suddenly they all stopped to look at me. Linnie was the only one who noticed my presence, behind one of the pale man's hands. A loud siren abruptly cut into the silence, causing my head to feel as if it would explode.

The trees behind the tall man erupted, and suddenly large tendrils were driving forward along with him, as the pale man leaped at his opponent. The siren grew even louder and I woke up.

There was a black police officer looking at me, his fingers holding my eye open as he shined a flashlight into it. I was in the embankment, with a now steady stream, unlike before. As I sat up, the officer held me steady. He was shouting to others when he stopped. I heard my mother shriek, and my eyes found what it was that she was screaming about. Across the river, another officer had torn a white bag from a tree, ripping it in the process. Carnage spilled out of the bag. I now knew why my mother was screaming. What the officer had torn down was not a white bag.

He tore down Linnie's pajamas.

The carnage and the gore spilled into the river. The officers ran, save for the one with me, to save what they could. Nobody had to guess what had happened. My sister was dead, and what was left of her was spilling into the river.

I was to blame, at least... at first. Until I was thirteen, I was in and out of psych wards and asylums so much that they began to feel comforting. I left and came back so frequently, it was more like a revolving door.

They eventually came to the conclusion that I was not the culprit. Fucked up six ways to Sunday, but not the culprit. Dad shot himself once they came to that conclusion, so that was nice. I lived in a state of decadence and self loathing, until one week ago. The anniversary of her death; I found them again.

The tall man; the pale man. I was not the only one to have seen them. The tall man is apparently commonly referred to as 'Slenderman', and the pale man is known as the 'Rake'.

Thirteen years, dreaming that I could have done something to stop her death. Now I can; now I will. Yes, I have seen what happens to people who go after them, I have seen what they do to people. I take the fact that they haven't bothered me, save to take Linnie, as an advantage. This gives me the element of surprise.

I will use that advantage; I will use anything. If you know more regarding these beings, tell me. I know that what I am doing is suicide, but until this moment, since Linnie was taken I have had nothing to live or die for. Ending the nightmares those two have caused me...

That's something I am willing to die for.

No comments:

Post a Comment